What hasn't been written already about how to lose weight? Here are 10 ideas that will work that you may not have heard before.
I'll get straight to the point with these.
1. Eat on 10" plates instead of 12" plates. The smaller plates require less food to look full.
2. Out of sight is out of mind. Don't leave food out where it's practically begging you to eat it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't have plenty of food in your house:
3. Always have food in your kitchen. If you don't, you'll be tempted to go out for fast food and restaurant food on which you will overeat.
4. Arrange your kitchen and stock your pantry so it's always easy to cook. You'll do a better job of calorie control than any outside eatery.
5. Drink red wine instead of white wine. It's easier to see so you are happier with a glass that is just a little less full.
6. Keep healthy food, for example, carrot sticks in clear packaging. Keep high-calorie food, for example, chocolate chip cookies, in opaque packaging. What you don't see you don't feel compelled to eat.
7. Give your kitchen a floral scent, not a baking or barbecue scent (that is, unless you like to eat edible flowers).
8. Serve soup first. Soup fills your up. Then serve salad. Then serve your higher-calorie foods.
9. Serve beverages (other than water) in tall, narrow glasses. This helps you drink less.
10. Don't eat in bright light. If you eat al fresco, sit in the shade. The less the sun shines on your food, the less you eat.
I'll have more suggestions like these in later articles.