Friday, February 18, 2011

My Aspirin Experiment

I tend to fall into what my endocrinologist once called "the worst case of insulin resistance he had ever seen." For me, managing diabetes is a constant struggle.

But I may have stumbled across something that is my personal wonder drug.
I recently came across a study mentioning that people who had both arthritis and diabetes who went on high-dose aspirin sometimes reversed diabetes essentially overnight. So I thought, what the heck, what would happen if I tried lower-dose aspirin, two adult aspirins?

Ah.

For me, reversal of insulin resistance, overnight.

This isn't medical advice. There may be lots of reasons you should not take aspirin. I don't tell anyone to disregard what their doctors tell them. But aspirin sure seems to be working for me. I'll let you know how my experiment progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment